B. Interior Architecture and Design
Study the art, science and business behind solving structural interior design needs and aspirations—and then create functional and beautiful spaces—by combining materials, lighting, furnishings and other design elements. Intensive design studios give you valuable practice in design, and with one more course, you earn a minor in the related field of architecture, and will graduate fully prepared to deliver a broad scope of services in your professional field. This program is accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA) and the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD). It is one of the few Bachelor of Interior Architecture and Design Programs in the nation.
- Nationally accredited by the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA), our program offers the only bachelor’s degree in interior architecture and design in Idaho.
- Interdisciplinary study in the closely related field of architecture means that one additional course allows students to graduate with a minor in architecture.
- Tight-knit studio culture and student organizations offer a collaborative community of peer mentoring.
- Faculty-student ratio of 15:1 translates to personal attention from committed faculty who are leaders and experts in their fields.
- Students can complete the first two years of undergraduate coursework at our Boise center before transferring to our Moscow campus, or they can complete their entire degree in Moscow.
- Option to earn a seamless Master of Architecture (M. Arch), the degree required to practice as a licensed architect, exists with an additional two to three years of coursework.
- Options to earn a master’s degree in Bioregional Planning and Community Design and in Integrated Architecture and Design.
- Option to earn one or more certificates in areas of interest.