Senior Entry B.F.A. Review
The B.F.A. is a four-year degree divided into two parts: the pre-professional program (freshman and sophomore years) and the professional program (junior and senior years). Majors become part of the professional program after completing their second year review. In order to proceed into Senior Experience coursework (Art 490 B.F.A. Art/Design Studio and Art 495 B.F.A. Senior Thesis), those in the professional program must apply for the Senior Entry B.F.A. Review.
Applications for this review will be open each semester; it is an applicant’s responsibility to take note of these deadlines. If an application is unsuccessful, students may reapply for entry the following semester.
Monday, April 11, 2022 at 4 p.m.
Senior Entry B.F.A. Review Requirements
Art + Design Majors are eligible to apply for senior entry when they have met the following requirements:
- Passed second year portfolio review
- Will complete at least 15 credits of 300-level studio course work with passing grades by the end of the current semester
- Will complete at least 6 credits of art history courses with passing grades by the end of the current semester
- Earned a minimum institutional 2.75 GPA
PLEASE NOTE: The faculty may, at their discretion, make exceptions to the 15 credit 300-level requirement. On a case-by-case basis, they may allow students to proceed with only 12 credits provided that the final 3 credits are not in the student’s main focus area.
Application Requirements Checklist
In a single multi-page PDF please provide the following:
- Digital Portfolio of five works: Must include high quality images with title, media, dimensions and date completed.
- Motivation statement: Provide a concise paragraph explaining how your Art + Design degree will be a
foundation for your life or career goals.
- What do you want to do after you graduate?
- What career do you see yourself entering?
- Are you still deciding between different directions?
- Are you considering graduate school? If so, what might you want to study and how do you see your B.F.A. degree contributing to your future graduate studies?
- Senior studio direction statement: Provide two paragraphs that explain plans for your senior work in Art 490 and Art 495.
- What media and processes do you plan to explore?
- What concepts/design problems do you plan to research?
- How will you go about solving the problems that you set for yourself?
Construct your multi-page document in Microsoft PowerPoint or Adobe InDesign and save or export as a PDF.
- Format: PDF
- Size: 15 MB or less (screen resolution files)
- Naming: LastNameFirstName_SrRev_22.pdf
Incomplete applications will not be considered. It is your responsibility to check your application and supporting materials thoroughly to be certain you have met all requirements.