The Distinguished Scholarships Program advises and assists all qualified students interested in applying for national scholarships and fellowships. Through education of the campus community, support of students and collaboration with faculty and staff, the Program seeks to develop a campus culture that encourages students to pursue prestigious opportunities.
The Distinguished Scholarships Program serves the University of Idaho campus in the following ways:
- Informs students, faculty and staff about major national scholarship and fellowship opportunities
- Recruits competitive scholarship applicants
- Helps students find scholarship opportunities which match their goals and accomplishments
- Advises students through logistics of the scholarship application process
- Provides writing assistance on scholarship application materials
- Coordinates the campus evaluation and selection process for fellowship awards when required
- Prepares official, university endorsement packages for selected scholarship nominees
- Aids faculty and staff with supporting fellowship letters of recommendation
- Assists students preparing for national scholarship interviews
- Serves as U of I's knowledge base for national scholarship competitions
In addition to serving current students, the Distinguished Scholarships Program also assists U of I alumni pursuing national awards requiring university endorsement. If you are an alumna/us interested in a national scholarship opportunity, please contact the program coordinator for more information.
If you are an incoming freshman and are interested in scholarships and funding opportunities for your University of Idaho career, please contact the Office of Student Financial Aid.