First-Year, Including International First-Year Applicants
The first-year application is for students who will be entering the University of Idaho following graduation from an accredited U.S. or international high school or those who have been home-schooled. Students who have completed advanced placement or dual credits should also apply as a first-year applicant. Applicants first need to be admitted to the University of Idaho before applying to the University Honors Program.
- admitted to the University of Idaho
- completed first-year application, including
- unweighted cumulative High School GPA (if no High School GPA is available, please email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- optional SAT or ACT test score
- one High School writing sample (please upload as a word document on the application form). This may not be the Common App essay.
- two short essays based on a choice of three writing prompts that can be found below (please upload as a word document on the application form).
Please note that the file format for the application documents should be either a Word document or PDF; Google Docs are NOT accepted.
Applicants will be required to submit two short essay compositions with their application form. The essays should be about 250 words long for each topic. Please make sure your essays are 12-point font, double-spaced and have one-inch margins. File format should be either a Word document or PDF; Google Docs are not accepted.
Please choose two out of the three writing prompts.
To ensure timely enrollment in honors courses, applications should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the beginning of fall and spring semesters.
Students who are admitted to the program are automatically considered for honors scholarships and do not have to submit a separate scholarship application.
Applicants will be notified by email with an admission decision within approximately two weeks following receipt of their completed application.