University Honors Program Admission
Become a University Honors Program student!
**Important application information for prospective first-year applicants who wish to apply for fall 2021 semester.**
If you do not have an SAT or ACT test score available due to the coronavirus pandemic at the time of submitting an application, we wish to encourage you to apply to our program after carefully reading these instructions.
Who can apply?
- Incoming first-year students and transfers, including international students, who have been accepted to the University of Idaho.
- Current students who demonstrate academic excellence.
- National Merit Semi-Finalists and Finalists are directly admitted to the Honors Program.
When can I apply?
Applications to the University Honors Program can be submitted year-round. In order to ensure timely enrollment in honors courses, applications should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the beginning of fall and spring semesters.
Applicants are encouraged to apply to the Honors Program by the University of Idaho priority date of December 1 to be automatically considered for additional honors scholarships. Apply anytime until mid-August (two weeks prior the start of fall semester) to be automatically considered for scholarships that become available.
I’m ready to start the process.
- Open the applicant page for first-year, current, transfer or international students. Be sure you have selected the right category for you.
- Carefully read the eligibility and application information.
- Fill out and submit the First-Year Student Application or the Current, Transfer and International Student Application.
I’ve finished my application. What next?
We will email your decision letter within two weeks.
We look forward to learning more about you!