University Honors Program Admission
Become a University Honors Program student!
Who can apply?
- Incoming first-year students, including international students, who have been accepted to the University of Idaho. While our application review of first-year student applicants is holistic and includes cumulative high school GPA and writing samples, we would like to share that first-year applicants on average have a high school GPA of 3.87.
- Transfer and current University of Idaho students who demonstrate academic excellence and can still complete the required Honors Program course work before graduation.
- National Merit Semi-Finalists and Finalists are directly admitted to the Honors Program.
When can I apply?
To ensure timely enrollment in honors courses, applications should be submitted at least two weeks prior to the beginning of fall and spring semesters.
Applicants are encouraged to apply to the Honors Program by the University of Idaho priority date of December 1 to be automatically considered for additional honors scholarships. Apply anytime until mid-August (two weeks prior the start of fall semester) to be automatically considered for scholarships that become available.
I’m ready to start the process.
- Open the applicant page for first-year, international or current and transfer students. Be sure you have selected the right category for you.
- Carefully read the application information.
- Fill out and submit the applicable application form and required documents.
I’ve finished my application. What next?
We will email your decision letter within two weeks.
We look forward to learning more about you!