The International Student Fee, implemented in 2009, allows the staff of International Services to provide a comprehensive package of services and activities to serve and support the growing population of international students at the University.
The International Student Orientation Fee was also implemented in 2009. International Services strives to provide new international students with the greatest assistance possible as they settle into their surroundings in Moscow. As such, attendance at the multi-day international student orientation is required for all new students. This orientation includes a complete immigration workshop, cultural activities, access and information to many important academic, social and health-related resources, and provides several meals and interaction with peers and current students.
The University of Idaho requires international students to enroll in the University of Idaho Student Health Insurance Program (SHIP).
- You are automatically charged for SHIP when you register for classes. You will see SHIP on your bill from the University of Idaho for each semester. You do not have to fill out any forms.
- If you have dependents, then you need to enroll them an independent medical insurance plan.
- Find out the cost of SHIP and details of coverage.
Please Note: You and your dependents are required to have health insurance the day you enter the U.S. To activate your SHIP insurance coverage prior to the first day of your enrollment, email email@example.com with your name, V#, and date of arrival in the U.S.
J-1 students and dependents of students are required to have health insurance that meets or exceeds the U.S. Department of State requirements. Those requirements are as follows:
- Benefits of at least $50,000 per accident or illness
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
- Co-payment amount not greater than 25% so that the insurance pays at least 75% of charges
- Accident and illness coverage (to include maternity insurance)
- Repatriation coverage (a type of life insurance whereby the deceased is returned to their home country)
- Medical evacuation coverage (If the student is too ill to attend school, this pays for the student to return to their home country.)