Independent Study in Idaho (ISI) was created in 1973 by the Idaho State Board of Education as a cooperative of four regionally accredited Idaho institutions led by the University of Idaho. Other cooperating members include Lewis-Clark State College, Idaho State University, and Boise State University. The ISI office is located in Moscow, Idaho on the University of Idaho campus, Agricultural Science Building, Suite 304.
- Start anytime
- Complete in one year or less. Plan for a minimum of three months to complete most ISI courses.
- Courses delivered online through the BbLearn Course Management System
- Work at your own pace within the limits set by the course instructor on the number of assignments that can be submitted per week
- Idaho residency is not required
- Admission to cooperating institutions is not required
- Same in-state and out-of-state fees
- Almost 100 courses in more than 25 subject areas
- ISI does not offer degrees; however credits earned upon course completion transfer to most colleges and universities
- Courses designed for students who work well independently with limited interaction with instructors