Department of Geological Sciences
University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive, MS 3022
Moscow, ID 83844-3022
- Ph.D.,Geological Sciences, 2011 - University of Idaho, Moscow, ID
- B.S., Geology, 2005 - Washington State University, Pullman, WA
- Commisioner—Idaho State Oil and Gas Conservation Commission
- Professional Licensed Geologist—State of Idaho Bureau of Occupational Licenses
- Senior Petroleum Geologist—Idaho Geological Survey
- Senior Geoscientist—ExxonMobil Exploration Co.
- PhD, Geological Sciences, 2011—University of Idaho
- BS, Geology, 2005—Washington State University
- Mathewes, R. W., Greenwood, D. R, and R. L. Love, in review, The Kanaka Creek fossil flora (Huntingdon Formation) – paleoenvironment and evidence for Paleocene age using palynology and macrofossils, Canadian Journal of Earth Sciences.
- Lewis, R. S., Love, R. L., Stanford, L. Othberg, K., and S. Wood, 2018, Geologic Map of the 7.5’ Sheep Ridge Quadrangle, Payette County, ID Idaho Geological Survey, Moscow Idaho, deliverable to the US Geological Survey for StateMap, scale 1:24,000.
- Love, R. L., Lewis R. S., and D. M. Feeney, 2018, Geologic Map of the Hog Cove Butte 7.5’ Quadrangle, Gem and Payette Counties, ID, Idaho Geological Survey, Moscow Idaho, deliverable to the US Geological Survey for StateMap, scale 1:24,000.
- Feeney D. M., Schmidt K., Sundell A. J., Lewis, R. L., and R. L. Breedlovestrout, 2017, Geologic Map of the 7.5’ Squaw Butte Quadrangle, Gem and Payette Counties, ID, Idaho Geological Survey, Moscow Idaho, deliverable to the US Geological Survey for StateMap, scale 1:24,000.
- Phillips W. M., Breedlovestrout R. L. and D. M. Feeney, 2016, Geologic Map of the Hawley Gulch Quadrangle, Bonneville and Madison Counties, ID, Idaho Geological Survey, Moscow Idaho.
- Feeney D. M., Wood S. H., Sundell A. J., Lewis R. S. and R. L. Breedlovestrout, 2016, Geologic Map of the Paddock Valley Reservoir Quadrangle, Payette and Washington Counties, ID, Idaho Geological Survey, Moscow Idaho.
- Breedlovestrout, R. L., Evraets B., and J. T. Parrish, 2013, Paleogene paleoclimate analysis of western Washington using physiognomic characteristics from fossil leaves, USA, Palaeogeography, Palaeoclimatology, Palaeoecology, vol. 392, pp. 22-40.
- Breedlove, R. L., 2005, A study of the flora in Mississippian rocks of southwestern Montana, The Washington State University Ronald E. McNair Journal, Vol. 3, p. 1-14.
- Using palynomorphs to decipher correlations amongst fossil assemblages in the Payette Basin, Idaho with applications to subsurface petroleum mapping
- Determining paleofloral assemblage diversity and paleoclimatic analysis of Paleocene-Eocene Western Washington and southern British Columbia
- Palynomorph and macrofossil paleoclimatic signatures of the Lagerstaaten deposits of the Miocene Clarkia Fossil Beds, Idaho
- Petroleum geology exploration using Petrel E & P Platform including geophysical analysis of well logs and seismic data; seismic facies analysis; petroleum play analysis; prospect maturation; oil and gas law
- Surficial geological mapping with applications to basin reconstruction and development, hydrocarbon generation and entrapment, and subsurface prospect assessment
- Mammoth studies: identification and taphonomy of remains from Soda Springs, Idaho