The University of Idaho College of Law requires electronic applications via the LSAC Online Services website. No decisions will be made on transfer applications until the applicant’s complete first-year transcripts are received (if available).
We accept transfer student applications from ABA- and non-ABA-accredited law schools. Applicants from non-ABA-accredited law schools must meet the requirements of ABA Standard 505 (Refer to Chapter 5: Admissions and Student Services).
As of Dec. 1, 2019 transfer applications are not being considered until further notice. Contact Law Admissions if you have any questions.
All of the following must accompany the Application for Transfer Admission:
- Non-refundable $50 application fee
- Essay explaining why you wish to transfer to the University of Idaho College of Law – no more than two pages; double spaced; 12 point Times New Roman font; one-inch top, bottom, left and right margins
- Letter of Good Standing from current law school indicating eligibility to return, GPA and class rank
- Official Transcript from current law school
- Credential Assembly Service (CAS) report
- Detailed addendum of explanation if any question on the Character and Fitness section is answered “Yes”
Transfer applicants should indicate on their application if they are interested in spending their second and/or third year in Moscow or Boise.
Supplemental Information for the Application
Any of the following may accompany the Application for Transfer Admission:
- Diversity Addendum expanding on any circumstance(s) or factor(s)
- Any other appropriate materials
Moscow & Boise
The U of I College of Law delivers a focused, high-quality curriculum in both locations.
Find information about degrees, emphasis areas, academic plans, clinics, the pro bono program, externships and more.