Family and Consumer Sciences
The goal of family and consumer sciences is to improve the quality of life for adults, children and families through research-based data. Its key areas include healthy lifestyles, nutrition, food safety and financial management.
Email us to subscribe to our Family and Consumer Sciences newsletter (include your name, address and email address). To learn more about the following programs, please call 208-529-1390 or email email@example.com.
Classes are offered throughout the year on subjects including:
- menu planning
- saving money at the grocery store
- preparing healthy foods
- dinner and social etiquette
- exercise and strength training
Low Impact Aerobics: Modifiable for a variety of fitness levels
Feb. 16, 2021 | 10 a.m. Mountain Time (U.S. and Canada)
Every week on Tuesday, until June 29, 20 occurrence(s)
Join Zoom: https://uidaho.zoom.us/j/84024284382
Meeting ID: 840 2428 4382
Fitness Made Simple! Chair-based strength and toning
Feb 18, 2021 | 10 a.m. Mountain Time (U.S. and Canada)
Every week on Thursday, until July 1, 20 occurrence(s)
Join Zoom: https://uidaho.zoom.us/j/87428940784
Meeting ID: 874 2894 0784
Check with a physician before beginning any exercise program. Work at your own pace and comfort level.
- Fitness Made Simple class 1 — Video (1:04:31)
- Fitness Made Simple class 2 — Video (54:09)
- Aerobics class 1 — Video (46:07)
- Aerobics class 2 — Video (59:54)
- Stretching for Strength and Balance class 1 — Video (51:48)
- Stretching for Strength and Balance class 2 — Video (1:01:35)
- Chair Based Stretching for Strength and Balance — Video (35:12)
- Upper Body Strength and Tone — Video (40:17)
- Lower Body Strength and Tone — Video (37:22)
- Standing Stretches for Strength and Balance — Video (45:59)
- Stretch and Tone: Core Strength — Video (43:41)
Strong Women — Healthy Habits
Make positive changes: eat better, move more and improve your general health and well being. Classes will be held two days during the week.
Food Safety and Preservation
Extension educators provide food safety training to consumers through classes, in person and by phone. Food safety education aims to keep Idaho residents healthy by preventing outbreaks of foodborne illness.