- Please Note: The University of Idaho charges all non-resident students of Idaho out-of-state tuition, unless the student is enrolled in all online classes.
- After you have been offered a Graduate Assistantship (Teaching or Research) by a Department, they will submit a “hiring” transaction to the Payroll office along with position documents.
- The College of Graduate Studies will review/approve the appointment.
- Once the appointment is defined in Payroll, the Student Accounts office will post the waiver (percentage based on the percentage of the appointment).
- The posting by Student Accounts will forward to the Financial Aid office and the waiver will be recorded for fall semester and the same projected amount will be assumed for the spring semester.
- This waiver in conjunction with any other Out-of-State tuition waivers cannot exceed the total cost of Out-of-State tuition charges. If this occurs, one of the waivers will be reversed.
- If this waiver is applied after financial aid has disbursed and results in an over award, you may see an adjustment of funding. The waiver will replace loan funding that is reversed.
- If your department has sent your appointment paperwork to the College of Graduate Studies and Payroll, please be patient at the beginning of the semester to allow for this process to be completed. If the waiver is not posted after 2 weeks, contact your department.
- If a late fee has been charged, it will be waived at the time the Out-of-State Waiver is posted.
- There is no waiver for In-State tuition and fees.
Some departments with grant funding are able to pay all or a part of the In-State tuition and fees for their students. These payments post as the departments process them through. Please allow ample time for the payments to process, since academic departments and Student Accounts have many competing priorities at the start of the semester. Additionally, departments may not have required budgetary information at the start of the semester, causing further delays in the processing of the payment for your tuition and fees. Please check with your department if you have questions or the payment has not posted. If a late fee has been charged before the department payment is posted, it will be waived at the time the payment is posted. If you would like to set up a payment plan (no administrative fee) to pay the In-State portion of tuition/fees, please contact Patricia Edwards-Dixon in the Student Accounts office at 208-885-2132.
Any balance due after the Out-of-State Waiver or department payment are posted, is due in full within 10 days of the payment posting, or a new late fee may be assessed.
College of Graduate Studies policy states: each person who holds a full appointment as an assistant is required to pay the uniform student fees charged to registered full-time students, regardless of the number of credits for which the student is registered. Please contact the College of Graduate Studies or your department if you have questions about this policy.
Students on an assistantship cannot use a staff or staff spouse fee waiver or senior scholar waiver.