Shaping the Written Word
The BA in English offers students flexibility and a broad range of options. Students may elect to take the general BA or select a concentration (18 credits of their total 45 for the major) in creative writing, linguistics, literature, or professional writing.
In each area of English studies, students will find dynamic classes, engaged professors, and plenty of opportunities for student involvement and internships. The Department hosts career nights for graduating students, advising them on future work in writing, publishing, education, and beyond.
- Four distinct concentrations: professional writing, creative writing, linguistics and literacy, and literature
- The English Department also offers a Film and Television degree in cooperation with the School of Journalism and Mass Media
- Outstanding mentorship by award-winning faculty in small classroom settings
- Unique capstone courses
- Scholarships, awards and service learning opportunities
- Active national honor society chapter with award-winning outreach project