Vandal Gateway Program Requirements
All Gateway Program participants are carefully selected and assigned to the program to assure the greatest success in their first year. As a result, there are specific requirements for the participants invited to the Gateway Program.
Vandal Gateway Program Requirements — Please See FAQs for More Information
- All students admitted to the Gateway Program are initially admitted to the Bachelor of General Studies curriculum. This is only for the first two semesters. Upon completion of the Gateway program, all students are eligible to continue their studies in the academic program of their choice.
- Students must live on campus in the residence halls. Gateway students live in a Living Learning Community with other students in the program and other first-year students in the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences.
- Participants are required to attend all classes.
- Gateway program participants are required to attend curricular, co-curricular, and social support programming designed to help them successfully complete the first year. Programs may include but are not limited to: time management, supplemental instruction and tutoring, study hours and attending the Writing Center.
- Participants will be registered as a cohort group into specific courses for the first two semesters to assure academic success. Those courses may provide additional support through extended classroom time, supplemental instruction, and tutoring. It is a requirement of the program that participants actively participate in support programming to ensure success.
- Participants are assigned to a specific academic advisor and student success counselor to holistically guide them through their first year at the University of Idaho.
- Students cannot join a fraternity or sorority during their first year at the University of Idaho.