FAQ and Helpful Tips
In a candid or casual on-location photo session, wear clothing that would typically be worn in that venue. Students should also bring items appropriate to the venue – books, notebooks, book bags, sports gear and/or musical instruments. Vandal gear featuring the university logos is encouraged, but not required. Avoid clothing with names of or endorsements for outside businesses and institutions.
Our studio is in the Bruce M. Pitman Center Room #30, the Video Production Center.
Files are accessible in our Media Library. We also email copies upon request.
We do a standard edit that includes softening highlights and shadows, along with minor blemish removal. Additional editing is available upon request. Editing costs apply.
U of I’s Photo Services Media Library allows access to brand-appropriate media, taken by our team of professional photographers and videographers, that capture the Vandal story. Images in the database are the property of the University of Idaho and may be used by university departments and preapproved third parties.
- All departments and the general public — View Only
- Non-Subscriber Photographic Clients — Unlimited access to their photographs and videos
- Subscribers — Unlimited Access to Departmental and Campus photographs and videos
- Departments that pay for photography and videography will have unlimited download access to their assets.
- Media assets will be accessible to the UCM web team and college/unit marketing and communications managers, and the Creative Services team for marketing purposes.
- Media assets will be added to our public library for photo and video stock requests.
Our stock image and job recovery fees are:
- $15 per image* one-time use fee for U of I departments
- $20.41 per image* one-time use for all off-campus requests for commercial use
*Fees help cover the cost of maintaining the database.
- Unlimited number of users (additional fees apply for more than five users).
- Ability to view and download your department’s media assets and view and request downloads of campus photographs and videos.
- Ability to share media assets “workspaces” allowing collaboration with others working on the same project. This means each person can view, remove, rate and download media based on permissions set by Photo Services to help with the selection and delivery process. It also ensures easier collaboration with the UCM team working on a project.
- Subscribers receive update notifications when new images are added.
- Subscription fees are $90 per month for one to five users.
- Additional (over 5) users fees are $18 per user.
Subscription fees help cover the cost of maintaining the Media Library.
We can set up a gallery for you to download media assets. Please contact Photo Services and we can help with permissions. Digital file fees apply.
If the photograph or video is being used for marketing purposes, yes you can! Otherwise, it is standard UCM practice to have Photo Services supply media to departments for other uses. Digital file fees for other uses other than marketing may apply.