Health Insurance Audit
The personal health insurance information provided by students is forwarded to an auditor each semester for verification of compliance with the University of Idaho Health Insurance Requirement.
If you received an URGENT notice regarding the Health Insurance Audit your health insurance policy was returned for one or more of the following reasons:
1. Policy was not effective on or before the first day of the semester OR on or before the first day of the calendar month following the first day of the semester.
2. Policy is no longer in effect (coverage terminated).
3. Coverage does not include benefits for emergency AND non-emergency services in the Moscow/Pullman area; OR area of program.
4. Coverage does not include benefits for mental health AND prescription services.
5. Auditor was unable to verify coverage due to incorrect or missing policy information.
6. Coverage does not include benefits for injuries while participating in intramural, club or NCAA intercollegiate sports programs (if participating).
7. International student—coverage does not include minimum level of benefits required. Contact International Programs Office for additional information.
TO REQUEST A COPY of the audit notes for your insurance record send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email must be sent from your official Vandal email account and include your name and V number. Please note that audit details will not be given verbally, a written request is required.
IF YOU RECEIVED A NOTIFICATION OF SHIP ENROLLMENT DUE TO A VERIFICATION FAILURE you must provide updated policy information or proof of coverage meeting the minimum requirements to cancel SHIP enrollment. The online VandalWeb update option will not be available as written documentation is required to confirm a health insurance policy meeting all of the above requirements. A Health Insurance Information Form with updated policy information must be completed within 10 days to request a re-audit for the current semester. You may also attach documentation of coverage from the insurer confirming coverage meets the minimum requirements. Forms and documents can be sent as a PDF from your official Vandal email to email@example.com, faxed to 208-885-1002 or dropped off in the Student Health Building Room 129. NOTE: SHIP cancellation and a credit for medical insurance to the student account will be processed IF the new policy passes a re-audit or documentation of coverage meeting the minimum requirements is provided.
IF YOU RECEIVED A NOTIFICATION OF FAILURE WITH A DEADLINE TO CLEAR YOUR RECORD you must provide additional information by the deadline or you will enrolled in SHIP to bring you into compliance with the University of Idaho Health Insurance Requirement as a condition of enrollment. To update your health insurance information you may log in to your VandalWeb Account and select the Students Tab, Student Health Insurance Option, then the Health Insurance Information Form. IMPORTANT: Select the Current Term link to view and update your health insurance information for this semester. If the information appears to be correct for your most current health insurance coverage please request a copy of the audit notes by following the instructions above.
IF YOU REMAIN ENROLLED IN SHIP coverage details and benefit information are available at www.uidaho.edu/SHIP.