Did you know that research has found that group counseling is just as effective as individual counseling? Group counseling can help increase hope, help develop a sense of connection and belonging, and create a safe place for you to learn about yourself and others! When you come to group counseling, you can get and give feedback to your peers, receive social and emotional support, and develop ways to have a more balanced and healthy lifestyle.
If you would like to learn more information about participating in a group facilitated by CTC staff, please call us at 208-885-6716.
Benefits of Group Counseling
Group counseling offers a wide range of potential benefits, including:
- Receiving social and emotional support
- Reducing feelings of loneliness and isolation
- Experiencing a sense belonging and connection
- Increasing hope
- Obtaining different perspectives, ideas, and viewpoints
- Gaining more insight about self and others, roles, and patterns
- Getting feedback from others
- Exploring a healthier and a more balanced way in relating to self and others
- Improving social and communication skills
- Increasing distress tolerance skills in regulating difficult emotions
- Expanding coping skills and mental flexibility