The program requires 30 credit hours for completion:
15 credits Core Fire Ecology and Management Courses
- FOR 426 Global Fire Ecology and Management (3 credits)
- FOR 451 Fuels Inventory and Management (3 credits)
- FOR 526 Fire Ecology (3 credits)
- FOR 546 Science Synthesis and Communication (3 credits)
- FOR 557 Advanced Fire Behavior (3 credits)
- FOR 587 Wildland Fire Policy (2 credits)
- NR 599 Non-thesis Master’s Research (1-16 credits)
2-3 credits of Ecology
4 credits of Tools and Technology
3 credits Human Dimensions
3 credits Policy, Planning and Law
2 credits Final Project
The final project can either be a traditional case study, which is presented to the MNR faculty the final semester, or a project developed by the advisor and the student working together. See the Final Project page for more details.
All available course offerings can be viewed in the course catalog.