It takes the support of 400 volunteers with around 500 volunteer opportunities to make the Jazz Festival a success each year. Volunteers like you make it happen. We invite people of all ages and abilities to join the fun and play an important role in the festival.
If you are interested in having fun, developing great leadership skills, and hearing great jazz, then joining our volunteer team is for you.
Volunteer registration opens on Nov. 15.
Signing up to volunteer is easy.
- Access the volunteer registration site
- Create a username and password
- Sign up for as many shifts as you’d like.
Volunteer Opportunities include:
- Site Manager & Site Volunteer: Manage the student performances, clinics and workshops. Our Adopt-A-Site program allows your group or organization to manage a site for an entire day of festival. Find out more about the Adopt-A-Site program then fill out the registration form to participate.
- Stage Manager & Workshop Presentation Assistant: Handle stage logistics, introduce performers and make announcements, track time.
- Information Team Specialist: Provide information and hospitality to all visitors.
- Drive Team: Drive artists and Performance Evaluation Clinicians to and from airports, their performances and schools.
- Special Teams: Fill in the gaps; run errands and make deliveries.
- Office Volunteer: Assist the Jazz Festival office with poster distribution and office mailings. Help staff Volunteer Headquarters.
Volunteers in leadership roles — such as site manager, stage manager and workshop presentation assistant — are encouraged to take the site management class offered 12:30 - 1:20 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays from January 13 through March 13. The class is an in-depth training and will cover the topics of festival history, site logistics, risk management, volunteer supervision and more. The class is open to the community and drop-ins are welcome.
For more information about volunteering, please contact the volunteer coordinator at 208-885-5900 or email@example.com.