University of Idaho is committed to promoting college and career readiness so students have the tools needed to successfully continue on the path to college. DIG’NIT is an academic summer technology enrichment program that creates paths to college for area students with high potential but limited opportunities, while promoting careers in fields related to Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics (STEAM).
Dig’nIT internship program is intended for students at least 16 years of age who have completed 10th-12th grade by summer 2018. Students will intern for 30 hours per week at sites in and around Coeur d’Alene. DIG’NIT interns are mature and responsible students who complete an application and interview process to participate in the program and have proven they are fully committed to the expectations of the internship.
The goal of the internship program is to provide students with meaningful experiences that will expose them to interesting tech-focused careers that require a bachelor’s degree and that will motivate them to continue on the academic path needed to enroll and succeed at a four-year college or university.
What Can Students Expect to Get Out of the Internship Program?
- Gain hands-on experience with STEAM careers; may include but not limited to, learning experiences with computer hardware and software technology
- Shadow professionals while assisting creatively and physically
- Assist with technical support and computer programming projects
- Contribute to a team effort
- Get paid $11 per hour while you learn!
- And much, much more...
- At least 16 years of age who have completed 10th-12th grade by summer 2018
- Familiarity with computer science/technology, programming, coding, app development, web design, etc.
- Ability to commit to a flexible work schedule as early as June 20 and as late as August 13 averaging 20-30 hours per week
- Transportation to/from various locations within Post Falls/CDA vicinity
If you have any questions, contact Staci Hinsz at email@example.com.