Explore your favorite STEM subjects while on the job in a professional setting over the summer.
The Dig'nIT internship is open to rising high school juniors and seniors seeking hands-on experience with tech and other STEM focused business in Kootenai and Shoshone counties. After a short orientation at U of I Coeur d'Alene, you will be placed with a company for eight weeks of learning on the job.
As an intern, you'll gain meaningful workplace experience to inform decision-making ahead of college. You also get a behind-the-scenes perspective on local fields in need of highly-skilled employees.
What do you gain from a Dig'nIT Internship?
- Hands-on experience in STEM careers with innovative local companies including Cyber Self-Defense, Exbabylon IT Solutions, Gravis Technologies, the Art Spirit Gallery and more
- Personal insight on a potential future career
- Three-day orientation with U of I Coeur d'Alene faculty and staff
- Professional connections for future education, employment and advancement possibilities
- A valuable addition to your resume
- $3,000 stipend over 8 weeks
- Orientation at the U of I Coeur d'Alene
- At least 16 years old
- Completing 10th or 11th grade
- Strong interest in STEM fields, especially those relating to technology
- Available to work 25 hours/week for eight weeks
- No second job or vacations longer than two workdays during the duration of the internship
- Your own transportation
2022 Program Timeline
- March 25: Application period opens
- Late May: Interviews
- June 21-23: Orientation at U of I Harbor Center
- June 27 through Aug. 11: Interns work at their host sites
- Aug. 12: Intern showcase at U of I Harbor Center
If you have questions, contact Sheri Bullock at email@example.com.