The Dig'nIT internship program is for tech-minded teenagers in Kootenai County who are ready to dive into a professional setting for a summer of hands-on learning.
The goal of the program is to provide students with meaningful workplace experiences that will inform their decision-making as they prepare for college and high-tech careers.
What do students gain from a Dig'nIT Internship?
- Earn $11/hour working 30 hours/week over eight weeks during the summer
- Gain hands-on experience with STEAM careers. Host site placements may include:
- Software development
- Hardware development and repair
- IT management
- Web design
- Digital marketing
- Shadow professionals while assisting creatively and physically
- Assist with technical support and computer programming projects
- Learn how to contribute to a professional team effort
- At least 16 years old and nearing the completion of tenth to twelfth grade
- Familiarity or willingness to learn about topics relating to:
- App development
- Web design
- Graphic design
- Hardware development and/or repair
- Social media management
- Cyber security techniques
- Commit to working 30 hours/week for eight weeks, working with your host site to create a schedule that fits within 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday-Friday.
- No second job or vacations longer than two workdays during the eight-week internship
- Your own transportation to and from your host site and the U of I Coeur d'Alene for orientation
- Submit an application. Check back in mid-spring 2020 for details.
- Mid-May: Applications due
- By June 1: Interviews held at U of I Coeur d'Alene and interns selected
- Mid-June: Orientation week
- Mid-June through early August: Interns work 30 hours/week at their host sites.
- Early August: Intern Showcase featuring individual presentations at U of I Coeur d'Alene
If you have questions or would like to learn more, contact Juli Anderson at email@example.com.