The Dig'nIT internship program is your chance to get a step ahead over the summer break. The University of Idaho Coeur d'Alene connects Kootenai County teenagers with innovative local businesses for a summer of hands-on learning in a professional setting. The goal is to provide you with a meaningful workplace experience to help inform your decision-making as you prepare for college and high-demand careers.
Please note, the 2020 internship season is subject to change due to COVID-19. At this time, we remain hopeful the full 8-week program will continue as planned. Any changes will be communicated online and with applicants directly.
- At least 16 years old
- Completing 10th or 11th grades in spring 2020
- Strong interest in STEM fields, especially those relating to:
- Cyber security
- Graphic design
- Hardware development and/or repair
- Web design
- Commit to working 30 hours/week for eight weeks
- No second job or vacations longer than two workdays during the eight-week internship
- Your own transportation
What do you gain from a Dig'nIT Internship?
- $11/hour for 30 hours/week over eight weeks
- A week of orientation, including professional development, at the U of I Coeur d'Alene
- Hands-on experience in STEM careers with innovative local companies. Host sites vary annually, but have included:
- Cyber Defense
- ExtraTech Systems
- JEB Commerce
- Say Roar
- Experience shadowing professionals while assisting creatively and physically
- A valuable addition to your resume
- Personal insight on a potential future career
- April 1: Applications open
- Mid-May: Applications due
- Late May: Interviews held at U of I Coeur d'Alene and interns selected
- June 15-19: Orientation week
- June 22 through Aug. 6: Interns work 30 hours/week at their host sites.
- Aug. 7: Intern Showcase featuring individual presentations at U of I Coeur d'Alene
If you have questions, contact Dig'nIT Internship Coordinator Juli Anderson at email@example.com