Explore your favorite STEM subjects while on the job in a professional setting over the summer.
The Dig'nIT internship is open to rising high school juniors and seniors seeking hands-on experience with tech and other STEM focused business in Kootenai and Shoshone counties. After a short orientation at U of I Coeur d'Alene, you will be placed with a company for eight weeks of learning on the job.
As an intern, you'll gain meaningful workplace experience to inform decision-making ahead of college. You also get a behind-the-scenes perspective on local fields in need of highly-skilled employees.
What do you gain from a Dig'nIT Internship?
- Hands-on experience in STEM careers with innovative local companies including Bay Shore Systems, Exbabylon IT Solutions, Northwest Specialty Hospital and more
- A valuable addition to your resume
- Personal insight on a potential future career
- Professional connections for future education, employment and advancement possibilities
- $12.50/hour for 30 hours/week
- Orientation at the U of I Coeur d'Alene
- At least 16 years old
- Completing 10th or 11th grade
- Strong interest in STEM fields, especially those relating to technology
- Available to work 30 hours/week for eight weeks
- No second job or vacations longer than two workdays during the duration of the internship
- Your own transportation
- April to early May: application period open
- Mid to late June: Orientation
- Late June through mid August: Interns work at their host sites
- Mid August: Intern showcase at U of I Coeur d'Alene
If you have questions, contact Sheri Bullock at email@example.com.