University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

Students & COVID-19

Last Updated: Aug. 8, 2022

No. Masking is optional at all university locations and will not be required in any setting including classrooms, although you are certainly encouraged to wear a mask if that option is best for you and your health.

No. We encourage everyone to take individual responsibility for your health.

Report any positive cases through a VandalCare report so the university can best assist you.

The CDC recommendations around isolation, masking and returning to normal activities after being exposed or testing positive have many variations. If you fall ill, the CDC timeline calculator can provide helpful isolation guidance. But in all cases, we encourage you to work with your healthcare provider to determine what is best for your situation.

Idaho Eats will offer a full array of dining options. To learn more about their offerings, visit them online.

Yes. Restrictions on gathering sizes within indoor spaces have been removed. 

All classes will be delivered in the modality listed in the catalog.

Students should work with instructors when class is missed for any reason, including illness. While faculty is encouraged to help students who miss class for illness, it is ultimately the responsibility of the student to make sure all requirements of the class are met.

There is no expectation that instructors record in-person classes for later review by students who miss class due to COVID-19 or any other reason.

Yes, although travel to a Level 3 or 4 Travel Advisory country for study, research or internship must petition for approval through the U of I International Emergency Management Committee. All students complete an application through the Education Abroad Office and will be notified on any petition requirements. Direct all questions to

Vandal Health Clinic

Physical Address:

831 Ash Street
Moscow, ID 83843

Phone: 208-885-6693

Directions to Vandal Health Clinic