University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

Employees & COVID-19

Last Updated: Aug. 8, 2022

No. Masking is optional at all university locations and will not be required in any setting including classrooms, although you are certainly encouraged to wear a mask if that option is best for you and your health.

No. We encourage everyone to take individual responsibility for your health.

Masks are optional in offices, workspaces, labs, meeting rooms and hallways. You should use personal protective equipment as you deem necessary.

If you test positive, work with your supervisor and Human Resources to use the standard sick leave and employee support process.

The CDC recommendations around isolation, masking and returning to normal activities after being exposed or testing positive have many variations. If you fall ill, the CDC timeline calculator can provide helpful isolation guidance. But in all cases, we encourage you to work with your healthcare provider to determine what is best for your situation.

Yes. Restrictions on gathering sizes within indoor spaces have been removed. 

All employees are expected to work in your regular work locations. If you feel you need a medical accommodation or other flexibility to your work location, begin by filling out the work flexibility form.

All classes will be offered in the modality listed in the catalog.

No. Choosing to vaccinate is a private medical decision and, as with all medical information, details regarding a person’s vaccination status are confidential. Supervisors should not ask employees their vaccination status for any reason, nor should instructors ask students. Employees and students can share their own status, if they choose.

Domestic travel is open. Most international travel is also open with some COVID-19-related protocols. Follow CDC guidance and monitor information from the U.S. Department of State Travel Advisories.

Employees are required to provide accommodations for students who have met eligibility requirements through the Center for Disability Access and Resources (CDAR). The University of Idaho is committed to providing equal and integrated access for individuals with disabilities to all the academic, social, cultural and recreational programs it offers. This commitment is consistent with legal requirements, including Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, and embodies the university’s historic determination to ensure the inclusion of all members of its communities.

Faculty will be notified by CDAR regarding the type(s) of accommodations that must be provided. In some instances, these will require faculty to provide instruction to a student in an alternate format and the faculty member must do so.

If you have questions regarding accommodations, contact CDAR at If you need assistance providing alternate forms of instruction, contact the Center for Excellence in Teaching and Learning at

Vandal Health Clinic

Physical Address:

831 Ash Street
Moscow, ID 83843

Phone: 208-885-6693

Directions to Vandal Health Clinic