The University of Idaho implemented PCR COVID-19 testing through its own lab beginning in Aug. 2020. This data only reflect tests done through the U of I testing contract.
This is a weekly reflection of COVID-19 activity on the University of Idaho Moscow campus. Testing strategies each week were based on data and modeling so one week cannot necessarily be compared to another as a direct reflection of increase or decrease of the virus. Testing strategies included:
- Testing of all students attending in person classes in a set time period (ie: upon return to campus after a break)
- Testing of student-athletes (done on regular intervals)
- Targeted testing of students in areas of increased cases
- Random surveillance testing of faculty, staff and students, focused on finding asymptomatic cases
- Individual-requested testing (after travel, possible exposure, symptomatic and other appropriate reasons)
Some or all of these tactics were implemented on any given week.
Fall 2020 2.72% of 23,559 test results received were positive.
To review Idaho's COVID-19 data, please visit the state's dashboard.