Jerry Kramer Comes Home for 110th U of I Homecoming Parade
October 11, 2018
MOSCOW, Idaho — Oct. 11, 2018 — University of Idaho legend and Pro Football Hall of Famer Jerry Kramer will be welcomed home as the 110th Annual University of Idaho Homecoming Parade grand marshal Saturday, Oct. 20.
The parade through downtown Moscow is part of U of I’s Homecoming Week to welcome back Vandal alumni beginning Sunday, Oct. 14, through Saturday, Oct. 20. The theme of the 2018 Homecoming celebration is “As We Were, As We Are.”
The 110th annual Homecoming Parade will travel down Main Street beginning at 10 a.m. Oct. 20 led by Kramer, the former Vandal and Green Bay Packer player recently inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame. Kramer will also make an appearance when the Vandal Football team takes on the Southern Utah Thunderbirds at 2 p.m. in the ASUI-Kibbie Activity Center.
All U of I alumni and the greater community are invited to take part in Homecoming festivities. Other Homecoming events include:
- Sunday, Oct. 14: Homecoming week officially begins at 5 p.m. in the Bruce M. Pitman Center International Ballroom with the announcement of Homecoming royalty
- Monday, Oct. 15: The annual Homecoming food drive begins with an information distribution from 2-5 p.m. in Friendship Square. Downtown businesses will also display their Vandal pride to start off the week.
- Tuesday, Oct. 16: The 69th annual blood drive is from 10:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Teaching and Learning Center on campus. Fans can cheer on the Vandal Volleyball team as it takes on the Eastern Washington Eagles at 7 p.m. in Memorial Gym, which will include the annual “Yell Like Hell” pride competition.
- Wednesday, Oct. 17: The Vandal Jingles competition promises a night of hilarity as student teams perform homecoming-themed singing and dancing skits at 6:30 p.m. in the International Ballroom of the Bruce M. Pitman Center
- Thursday, Oct. 18: Donations to the annual Homecoming food drive will be collected at 5 p.m. and delivered to area food pantries.
- Friday, Oct. 19: Vandal alumni will gather in the Kibbie Dome parking lot starting at 6 p.m. for live music and food truck foods, and get a front-row seat for the annual fireworks display at 9:15 p.m. The tower lights LED light show at the Theophilus Tower lawn brightens the sky at 9:45 p.m.
- Saturday, Oct. 20: The 110th annual Homecoming Parade will travel down Main Street beginning at 10 a.m. Following the parade, alumni and community members are welcome to tour living groups around campus before the Vandal Tailgate, which begins at 11 a.m. in the parking lot west of the Kibbie Dome. The Vandal Football team will take on the Southern Utah Thunderbirds at 2 p.m. in the Kibbie Dome. Tickets are available through the U of I Ticket Office.
A complete schedule of Homecoming events is available at uidaho.edu/homecoming.
Marketing and Communication Manager
Office of Alumni Relations
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho, home of the Vandals, is Idaho’s land-grant, national research university. From its residential campus in Moscow, U of I serves the state of Idaho through educational centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls, nine research and Extension centers, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. Home to nearly 12,000 students statewide, U of I is a leader in student-centered learning and excels at interdisciplinary research, service to businesses and communities, and in advancing diversity, citizenship and global outreach. U of I competes in the Big Sky Conference. Learn more at uidaho.edu