University-Level Promotions Review Committee Announced
February 04, 2019
The 2018-19 university-level promotions review committee met with the Provost and Executive Vice President to participate in the development of recommendations on promotions in instructor, regular, research, clinical and extension ranks. The committee's recommendations are considered by the provost and the president; the president makes the final decision.
Members serving on the committee this year were:
- Rula Awwad-Rafferty, professor in Interior Design;
- Sanford Eigenbrode, distinguished professor in Entomology, Plant Pathology and Nematology;
- Jerry Fairley, professor in Geological Sciences;
- Kristin Henrich, librarian with the rank of associate professor;
- Anne Kern, associate professor in Curriculum and Instruction;
- Jean Mattimoe, associate professor in Law;
- Penelope Morgan, professor in Forest, Rangeland, and Fire Sciences;
- Daniel Orozco, associate professor in English;
- Tim Prather, Extension specialist & professor in Plant Sciences;
- Sanjay Sisodiya, associate professor in Business;
- Deborah Thorne, associate professor in Sociology and Anthropology; and
- Tao Xing, associate professor in Mechanical Engineering.
Ex-officio members include:
- Torrey Lawrence, vice provost for faculty;
- Jerry McMurtry, dean, College of Graduate Studies;
- Janet Nelson, vice president for Research and Economic Development;
- Mary Stout, director of operations for academic initiatives and faculty; and
- John Wiencek, provost and executive vice president, chair of the university-level promotions review committee.
About the University of Idaho
The University of Idaho, home of the Vandals, is Idaho’s land-grant, national research university. From its residential campus in Moscow, U of I serves the state of Idaho through educational centers in Boise, Coeur d’Alene and Idaho Falls, nine research and Extension centers, plus Extension offices in 42 counties. Home to nearly 12,000 students statewide, U of I is a leader in student-centered learning and excels at interdisciplinary research, service to businesses and communities, and in advancing diversity, citizenship and global outreach. U of I competes in the Big Sky and Western Athletic conferences. Learn more at uidaho.edu