4345 - Vandal Gateway Program
Last updated: March 01, 2020
A. GENERAL. In furtherance of the University of Idaho's commitment to educational access, the pilot Vandal Gateway Program (VGP) is established. The pilot program shall begin Fall semester of 2020 with a VGP pilot cohort as described below.
1. The Office of Admissions is authorized to admit into the VGP pilot cohort, without additional review, students who meet the following admissions criteria:
|GPA||ACT Composite||SAT EBRW + Math|
2. The Office of Admissions shall manage acceptance notifications. The VGP pilot cohort will close when 100 VGP students have matriculated or on September 4, 2020, whichever comes first. For purposes of this policy matriculation will be deemed to have occurred upon completion of registration by a VGP-eligible student.
3. All VGP students shall be enrolled in the Bachelor of General Studies program for their first two semesters.
1. The College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences (CLASS) will administer the pilot program.
2. CLASS shall work with the College of Science to establish academic course offerings for VGP students.
3. CLASS shall arrange for the provision of support programming for VGP students. Support programming may include extended classroom time, tutoring, social support programming, study hours, and similar services.
4. CLASS may establish program requirements such as residence in UI on-campus housing, class attendance, and participation in support programming.
D. ASSESSMENT. CLASS shall update the provost and faculty senate on the pilot program in the spring semester 2020 and at least once per year in subsequent calendar years for the duration of the pilot cohort regarding matriculation rates, program budgets, curriculum, and other performance metrics.
E. EFFECTIVENESS. This temporary emergency policy is adopted pursuant to FSH 1460 C-3. It shall be effective for 180 days after the date adopted by the President, or until a permanent policy is adopted, whichever comes first.