University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

90.35 - UI Vandal Identification Cards


  • Position: Campus Card System Lead
  • Name: Ellis Nyssa
  • Email:

Last updated: December 22, 2008


Vandal Card Office
Bruce M. Pitman Center

A. General. The VandalCard Office is located in the Bruce M. Pitman Center (Pitman Center). VandalCard Office services include: [rev. 12-08]

  • University of Idaho ID card production
  • VandalCard account management
  • Meal plan management
  • VandalCard building access
  • Campus vending and food services support

A-1. Hours of Service. The VandalCard Office is open from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM. Summer hours are 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM. [rev. 12-08]

A-2. Vandal Debit Card Deposits. VandalCard deposits can be made with cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and bank debit cards at the Cashier's window located in the Pitman Center.  Deposits can also be made through VandalWeb with a credit card, debit card, or a web-check. Payroll deduction is available for board appointed faculty and staff. The following policies apply to all check payments for VandalCard account deposits and/or lost/stolen ID replacement fees: [rev. 12-08]

  • Checks must be for exact amount of payment
  • Checks need to be made payable to Bursar, U of I
  • A local address is required on all checks
  • A service charge may be assessed on returned checks
  • If the debit account is unused for 365 days or longer, or if the account is deactivated as outlined in E-5 below, any funds on deposit will be removed and the amount credited to the card holder's accounts receivable account. [add. 12-08]

A-3.VandalCard Debit Account Withdrawals. Withdrawals are processed through Student Accounts Office and generally take seven to ten working days to process. Only one withdrawal is allowed per semester.

A-4. Lost or Stolen ID Cards. Lost or stolen ID cards should be reported immediately to the VandalCard Office, 208-885-7522. Lost cards can be deactivated on the web at VandalCard. When a card is lost, a lost card code is assigned to the patron's account, which invalidates the lost card. A replacement fee will be charged for a lost or stolen ID card. The fee amount is available from the VandalCard office (208 885-7522) or on its web page (VandalCard Office). [rev. 12-08]

B. Eligibility for UI VandalCards. You must fit into one of the following categories in order to be eligible for a UI VandalCard. Please call 208-885-7522 for clarification or questions regarding eligibility. [rev. 12-08]

B-1. Registered Students. Students can get their VandalCards as soon as they are registered for classes. The card will not be activated for use on campus until the start of the semester that the student is registered for. [rev. 12-08]

B-2. Faculty and Staff on Board Appointment. Faculty and staff on board appointment, working at least 50% time are eligible for UI VandalCards.

B-3. Affiliate Faculty. Affiliate faculty with a formal affiliate faculty appointment approved by the sponsoring college and approved by the Provost, are eligible for UI VandalCards. [ed. 12-08]

B-4. Temporary Hourly Employees. Temporary hourly employees paying into PERSI or working an average of 20 hours or more per week are eligible for UI VandalCards.  [rev. 12-08]

C.Photo IDs Required for New or Replacement UI VandalCards. Picture (photo) IDs are required to issue original or replacement UI VandalCards. The following photo ID sources are the only acceptable proofs of identity, subject to confirmation of validity.

C-1. State or Protectorate ID Cards. An ID card or driver’s license issued by a U.S. state or protectorate (American Samoa, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands) are acceptable.

C-2. Federal Government. An ID card issued by the U.S. federal government, including U.S. military IDs, are acceptable.

C-3. Alaska Native and Native American Tribal IDs. Tribal IDs from Alaska Native and Native American tribes located within a U.S. state or protectorate are acceptable.

C-4. Passports. Valid passports are acceptable forms of ID verification.

C-5. Exceptions. Foreign government issued identification cards are not accepted as proof of identify.

D. Fees and Guidelines Relevant to the UI VandalCard. The following information provides answers to questions that may arise regarding the UI VandalCard.

D-1. UI VandalCard Costs. Students and employees are not charged for their first UI VandalCard. If a card is lost or stolen, report your lost or stolen card to the VandalCard Office at (208) 885-7522. Lost cards can be deactivated on the web at VandalCard. A replacement fee will be charged for a lost or stolen ID card. The fee amount is available from the VandalCard office (208-885-7522) or on its web page (VandalCard Office)  [ren. & rev. 12-08]

D-2. Other Card Fees.There is a fee for Alumni cards, Staff/Faculty Spouse Cards, and Student Spouse Cards. These cards are not VandalCards and may not necessarily be used for all of the same purposes as VandalCards. Student spouse cards must be renewed on September 1st of each calendar year and will be assessed a fee. [add. 12-08]

The following documents are accepted as proof of marriage: marriage license or certificate, the previous year's joint tax return with both names on it, or military dependent's ID card.

D-3. Damaged Cards. Damaged cards will be replaced for free of charge when the old card is brought in to the VandalCard Office. [add. 12-08]

D-4. UI VandalCards Not Transferable. UI VandalCards are not transferable. UI VandalCards may not be lent out or used by anyone other than the person whose name and photograph appear on the card. [ren. & ed. 12-08]

D-5. UI VandalCards Deactivated. UI VandalCards are electronically deactivated if an individual leaves the University of Idaho, or if the individual no longer qualifies in any of the categories listed in Section B. [ren. & ed. 12-08]

D-6. Property of University of Idaho. UI VandalCards are the property of the University of Idaho. [ren. 12-08]

Version History

Campus Locations

Physical Address:
Bruce M. Pitman Center
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4264
Moscow, ID 83844-4264

Phone: 208-885-6111

Fax: 208-885-9119