U of I Golf Course
Covid-19 Related Updates
The University of Idaho Golf Course is open, however under strict safety protocols and limitations.
Golf is permitted under the Idaho Governor's stay-at-home order and can be a safe outdoor activity during the current outbreak as long as everyone takes proper precautions. These include social distancing with other golfers and in your group, not sharing ANY golf equipment, not shaking hands or socializing afterwards.
If you are planning on coming out and playing our golf course, you will quickly discover that the safety of our guests and employees is our top priority.
Following recommendations from the CDC, PGA of America and the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America (GCSAA), Vandal Golf has implemented specific rules for our course and facility:
- Tee times will begin at 11 a.m. and we will ONLY be accepting payment online or credit card. Online tee times can be booked here.
- Only our Front 9 holes are available to play.
- Clubhouse facilities such as the restrooms, Pro Shop, Trackman Simulator and Bogies will be closed.
- Our driving range will be closed.
- Golf carts will NOT be available for rent, though personal golf carts will be allowed.
- Food and beverage services have been suspended.
- All flagsticks, rakes, trash cans, benches and tee markers will be removed to reduce touch points.
- Golfers will only be allowed to touch their own ball and scorecard.
- Bunker sand should be sorted out with a club. The ball may be removed from the bunker under no penalty.
- In addition, ALL other CDC guidelines on social distancing will be in effect. Any violation of these rules will result in removal from the golf course.
Admittedly, under these precautions, Vandal Golf will look a little different. We ask that you remain patient as we work through these current challenges while ensuring the safety of all our employees and guests.
We will continue to monitor, evaluate and adjust our protocols based on the recommendations of the CDC, local and state authorities so that we can continue providing you the safest golfing environment.
For information on the Covid-19 virus and the University of Idaho, please visit the university's COVID-19 webpage. The site is updated regularly and we encourage you to check it frequently for important updates.