University of Idaho Retirees Association
Founded in 1979, the University of Idaho Retirees Association (UIRA) has a membership of nearly 500 from every part of the university - staff, faculty and administration. Membership represents all disciplines and capabilities, and provides a means for continued involvement with the programs and advantages of the university. Learn more about membership benefits.
UIRA actively communicates with representatives of the university, government, and other groups on matters relating to the welfare of retired persons. To contact UIRA, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To provide a means for continuing participation in professional, social, educational, and welfare activities of U of I retired personnel.
- To promote, or to assist in promoting programs relating to the conditions and concerns of retired U of I personnel, recognition being given to the need of proper coordination with other organizations involved in similar endeavors.
- To protect and improve the welfare of U of I retired personnel.
- To communicate, on behalf of the retired personnel of U of I, with representatives of the university, governments, and other groups relating to the welfare of retired persons and to seek official representation with such bodies on matters concerning retirement.
- To encourage the high educational, cultural, and social purposes of U of I.
- To encourage and assist deserving individuals who may wish to attend or continue attending U of I.