Yuta Kaminishi is a postdoctoral fellow of Asian cinema and media. His research focuses on the history of cinema and media in post-1945 Japan. He will offer courses on Japanese Anime, Global Film Styles, and Japanese Media History.
- Ph.D., University of Washington, 2022
- M.A., University of Tokyo, 2012
- B.A., Yokohama National University, 2010
- “The Transforming Mediascape in Postwar Japan: A Media History of Oshima Nagisa,” Ph.D. Diss., University of Washington.
- “Multimedia auteurism in early television documentary: Japan Unmasked and Non-Fiction Theatre,” Journal of Japanese and Korean Cinema.
- “Embodied Liberation: The Female Reception of Oshima Nagisa’s International Co-Productions,” Screen Bodies.
- Society of Scholars Fellowship
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program