The Polya Approach
Unlike high school math courses– the Polya Math Learning Center allows you to learn at a pace and in the style that works for you.
There are two weekly participation requirements:
- Class meetings
- Required time in the Polya Lab
Additional coursework is completed individually online.
During class meetings, the instructor will provide guidance on how to be successful in the coming week:
- study strategies
- announcements and due dates
- explanations of current course material
During the required time in the labs, you will complete assignments online. The lab allows you to progress past topics that you already understand and instead focus your effort on subjects for which you might need better understanding.
But you’re not learning “on your own” in Polya! The most important aspect of the Polya approach, and the thing that makes it all work, is the individualized help available through Polya tutors in the lab. When you encounter something you can’t figure out, a tutor will help you get moving again. The Polya Lab is open over 65 hours each week.
- Check Your Grade/Contact Your Instructor
- Direct My Lab Math (MLM) Log-In
- Math 108 Notebook: First Two Weeks pdf
- Math 143 Notebook: First Two Weeks pdf
- Math 144 Notebooks: First Two Weeks pdf
- Math 108 Getting Started and FAQs pdf
- Math 143 FAQs pdf
Math 108 & Math 143
Placement in Math 108 does not require any specific testing or placement scores to take; however, Math 143 does require either successfully completing Math 108 with a 'C' or better, or sufficient ACT, SAT, or placement test scores.
Contact us: email@example.com