90.25 - University of Idaho Bruce M. Pitman Center and/or Idaho Student Union Building - General
- Position: Pitman Center & ISUB Manager
- Name: Kevin Ketchie
- Email: email@example.com
Last updated: August 25, 2005
A. General. The Bruce M. Pitman Center (Pitman Center) and the Idaho Student Union Building (ISUB) are the centers of campus life and afford a variety of facilities and services for dining [University Dining Services - See APM 80.31] and for recreational, social, and cultural activities. The construction and operation of the Pitman Center and ISUB are financed through student fees. The services and program of activities conducted in the Pitman Center and ISUB have been developed cooperatively with the Associated Students of the University of Idaho (ASUI), the faculty, staff, and administration.
B. Pitman Center Room Reservations. Rooms at the Pitman Center can be reserved through the Conference Coordinator, Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm, at (208) 885-6956. Rooms at the ISUB can be reserved through the information desk at (208) 885-2667. Rooms are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis. To avoid cancellation charges, a twenty-four hour notice is required for cancellation of rooms.
B-1. Student Use of the Pitman Center and/or ISUB. A student organization or regularly enrolled student may use the Pitman Center or ISUB facilities without charge. The Associated Students of the University of Idaho (ASUI) maintains a list of valid student organizations. Any organization that is non-student will be charged standard fees for the use of the building. (Note: Direct charges may be assessed to student groups depending upon the needs and nature of the organization's meeting.)
B-2. Faculty/Staff Use of the Pitman Center and/or ISUB. Faculty and staff may use the Pitman Center facilities without charge for university meetings. (Note: Direct charges may be assessed to faculty/staff groups depending upon the needs and nature of the organization's meeting.)
B-3. Other Groups. Non-student, faculty or staff groups will be assessed a standard rental rate for use of the Pitman Center facilities. Several other conditions of charges are as follows:
- If a group reserves a room and is one-half faculty, staff, or students, then one-half the room rental rate is assessed.
- If a group is less than one-half faculty, staff, or students, then the full room rental rate is assessed.
- If a group, university or other, charges a fee to attend the meeting or conference, then the full room rate is assessed.
B-4. Pitman Center Facility Use Charges. A schedule of Pitman Center room usage fees is kept by the Pitman Center Conference Coordinator.
C. Information Desk. The Pitman Center and/or ISUB Information Desk provides the following services for students, faculty, and staff.
- FAX transmittal. (Note: $2.00 for first page and $1.00 for every other page. International FAX is $4.00 per page. FAX received is $.50 per page.)
- Provides campus and community information to the public students, faculty and staff.
- Transfers phone calls to other departments and individuals in the Pitman Center and elsewhere on campus.
- Provides check cashing services for students, faculty, and staff members with valid UI identification cards.
- Provides equipment reservations for use in the building.
- Study Groups. Student groups may reserve smaller meeting rooms on a first-come, first-serve basis for the purpose of studying. Other rooms may be reserved for studying during periods of low usage provided no one else needs the rooms for meeting purposes.
D. Information. Any questions regarding the Pitman Center facilities and/or reservations should be addressed to the Information Desk, at (208) 885-4636 or at the ISUB at (208) 885-2667.