Tribal Excellence Scholarship
Open to undergraduates, this scholarship program waives out-of-state tuition for all full-time students enrolled as a member of the tribes with which the University of Idaho has a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) or students who are enrolled tribal members transferring from an accredited tribal college or university.
The award is renewable as long as students meet necessary requirements.
How to Apply
- Apply for Admission to UI – Indicate enrolled tribe on application
- Once admitted, the UI Native American Student Center will make contact with you. Student will submit tribal enrollment card
- Eligibility will be determined.
- If you qualify, out-of-state tuition waiver award will be submitted to the Financial Aid office.
- Aaniiih Nakoda College (Formerly Fort Belknap College)
- Bay Mills Community College
- Blackfeet Community College
- Cankdeska Cikana Community College (Formerly Little Hoop Community College)
- Chief Dull Knife College
- College of Menominee Nation
- College of the Muscogee Nation
- Comanche Nation College
- Diné College
- Fond du Lac Tribal and Community College
- Fort Berthold Community College
- Fort Peck Community College
- Haskell Indian Nations University
- Ilisagvik College
- Institute of American Indian Arts
- Keweenaw Bay Ojibwa Community College
- Lac Courte Oreilles Ojibwa Community College
- Leech Lake Tribal College
- Little Big Horn College
- Little Priest Tribal College
- Navajo Technical College (Formerly Crown Point Institute of Technology)
- Nebraska Indian Community College
- Northwest Indian College
- Oglala Lakota College
- Saginaw Chippewa Tribal College
- Salish Kootenai College
- Sinte Gleska University
- Sisseton Wahpeton College
- Sitting Bull College
- Southwestern Indian Polytechnic Institute
- Stone Child College
- Tohono O’Odham Community College
- Turtle Mountain Community College
Other tribal community colleges may also qualify.
Email the Native American Student Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-885-4237.