Food Technology Center
The University of Idaho Food Technology Center offers processing and educational assistance to aspiring food entrepreneurs that wish to produce packaged food products for resale. In addition to the technical support through product and process development, the Food Technology Center includes a commercial kitchen/processing facility, with specialized processing and packaging equipment, where small companies can come get licensed to produce their own packaged food products.
The Food Technology Center also has a pilot plant for larger scale/corporate process testing as well as GLP (Good Laboratory Practices) processing for scientific research.
The Food Technology Center and the U of I Caldwell Campus have the potential and/or resources to serve a variety of functions including:
- Processing and packaging
- Product and process development
- Analytical testing
- Label and packaging development
- Production employee training
- Warehousing services and food storage
Introduction to Food Manufacturing for Entrepreneurs
An online prerequisite course for $149 through TechHelp
This training is great for
- Cottage foods entrepreneurs
- Small food manufacturing business owners
- Anyone interested in packaging a food product for resale