Call for Proposals
The 2020 Palouse Language Symposium has been cancelled. Details here.
Share your ideas about language teaching
Proposal Submission Deadline Extended: Monday, March 2, 2020
Acceptance Notification: Monday, March 16, 2020
Update: If your proposal was accepted, we again send our congratulations and reassurance that you will be automatically accepted to present your proposed session at next year’s Symposium should you choose to do so
Registration to attend opens: Monday, March 2, 2020
The organizing committee invites graduate students and language educators to submit a proposal for a practice-oriented session, research-oriented session, a poster presentation or a round table. All sessions should last 30 minutes (20 min + 10 min for questions).
Keep in mind that our mission is to discuss ideas for pedagogy and research that examine any language and/or culture. Bringing speakers and learners from across the world helps us understand our own experiences and biases.
- Intercultural competency and communication
- Classroom tools: Curriculum, materials, assessments, language in content areas and pedagogy
- Studying abroad and cultural experiences
- Sociolinguistics and sociocultural knowledge
- Indigenous languages and pedagogy
- Immigrant and refugee policy and practice