- Step 1: Documents
- Complete Application Requirements
- Make visa appointment after receiving I-20
- Notify ALCP of visa appointment results
- Step 2: Housing
- Reserve dormitory through University Housing and Residence Life
- Inform ALCP of housing arrangements
- Step 3: Planning
- Buy traveler's checks to cover costs on the way to the University and during your first month in the U.S. Keep the receipt separate from the traveler's checks.
- Get copies of medical records, x-rays, and prescriptions. Also, have prescriptions written in English and in generic terms.
- Read more information regarding conditional admissions information, information for families and other next steps.
- Step 4: Travel
- Label your luggage with the ALCP office address.
- Carry all legal and immigration documents: Passport, visa and I-20
If your family is coming with you, bring complete medical records, written in English, for all family members. All international students and their dependents are required to have and maintain full health insurance coverage.
There is no charge or advance registration needed to enroll children in public schools in Moscow. However, there may be fees for certain services or courses not included in the regular curriculum.
- To enroll children in school, you must provide a record of your child's immunizations: diphtheria, tetanus, polio, measles, mumps, and rubella. A tuberculin skin test is recommended.
- A birth certificate (or passport) is required to enroll students in local schools.
- Records, in English, of previous schools attended are required for junior high and high school enrollment.
- Native language materials from your home country may be needed if you desire your children to continue in their native language.