Learn about breeds, health care, grooming, production, reproduction, management, showmanship, marketing, and careers in this project. Care for one or more meat goats for at least 70 days before exhibiting. Become familiar with and apply the recommended principles of livestock animal science. Develop integrity, sportsmanship, decision-making capabilities, and public speaking skills by participation in demonstrations, tours, and exhibits.
Meat Goat | pdf
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
Optional supporting materials
- 4-H Animal Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
- Just Browsing, Level 1*
- Get Growing With Meat Goats, Level 2*
- Meating the Future, Level 3*
- Meat Goat Helper’s Guide*
- Goat Resource Handbook—Ohio*
- Meat Goat Fact Sheets, NY
- Idaho 4-H Livestock Cost and Returns Estimate—Market Goat Project | pdf |
*Available through your county extension office