In Level 1, Focus on Photography
, you will learn equipment basics, taking sharper pictures, concepts of lighting and flash, photo composition, sequencing, and evaluating photos.
In Level 2, Controlling the Image
, you will explore depth of field, aperture and shutter speeds, hard and soft lighting, silhouettes and flash techniques. Learn to evaluate composition using the Rule of Thirds, the Golden Triangle and Rectangle. Use different viewpoints and understand positive and negative space. Learn about adjusting shutter speeds, panning techniques, taking close-ups and panoramas.
In Level 3, Mastering Photography
, practice using lenses and filters creatively. Use meter exposure, light sources, and flash to add light effects. Practice using framing, harmony, discord, and other elements of design in your compositions. Build your skills in using color, capturing details, and telling a story.
- Focus on Photography | pdf |
- Controlling the Image | pdf |
- Mastering Photography | pdf |
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Focus on Photography Project Book and Photo Journal, Level 1*
- Controlling the Image Project Book and Photo Journal, Level 2*
- Mastering Photography Project Book and Photo Journal, Level 3*
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
*Available through your county extension office.