2013-2014 Calendar More

An easy form. More

Contact & Location


Lionel Hampton School of Music

Physical Address:
Corner of Blake & W. Sweet Ave.
PHONE: 208-885-6231
FAX: 208-885-7254
EMAIL: music@uidaho.edu

Mailing Address:
Lionel Hampton School of Music
c/o University of Idaho
875 Perimeter Drive MS 4015
University of Idaho
Moscow, Idaho 83844-4015


Do I need to audition in order to be accepted into a music degree?
Yes, all students need to audition and be accepted in order to pursue a music major, except vocalists who are pursuing the music theory or music history and literature majors.

Do I need two natural/applied science labs?
Students on State Board core are required to take one lab. Students on UI core are required to take two.

Has my transcript arrived yet?
After you login to Vandalweb, access your web transcript. If the transcript has arrived, it will be listed at the top of the transcript.

If I take a class elsewhere, will it count toward my major?
Refer to: Transfer Guides. You will find course equivalencies here.

How do I know if I get moved into a wait listed course?
There are a couple of different ways to learn this information. (1) You can view your schedule by day and time and it will show what classes you are in and what classes are wait listed. (2) Vandalweb will automatically generate an email that is sent to your Vandal email account. (3) You can view your web transcript which lists what courses you are registered for.

How do I change my major?
Complete a Change of Curriculum form. These forms are available at http://www.uidaho.edu/registrar/forms.   Once you complete the form, you must obtain the necessary signatures. Once completed, take the form to the Registrar’s Office to make this curriculum adjustment to your transcript.

How do I know when my major has been officially changed?
View your web transcript. Major information is listed at the top.

How can I find out about available jobs while I'm at school?
1)   Sign up on VandalTrak @ UI's Career & Professional Planning office for an online database of career;
      internship positions & student job information.
2)   On-campus jobs: visit Human Resources.
3)   Off-campus jobs: visit Job Location and Development or stop by the SUB , room 137

Are my core requirements met?
View your Degree Audit. At the top of the degree audit, it will tell you whether or not your core requirements have been met.

What is a Degree Audit?
This is a software program that tracks your progress toward degree. By reviewing your degree audit, you can learn what classes you have taken that meet your core/degree requirements and what courses are still needed. Access degree audit on Vandalweb after login on Student Menu.

How do I know if I am on UI Core or State Board core?
This information is listed at the top of your web transcript. The only students who can be on State Board core are students who bring credit with them to the UI. These can be transfer credits or AP credits. Students on the UI Core are those who enter the UI directly from high school without bringing any type of credit with them.

I have a hold on my account, how do I know what type of hold it is?
You can view your holds by logging into Vandalweb, Student Menu, View Holds.