No audition is required to become a music minor. This is a great way for students to continue exploring music at the University of Idaho while taking an alternate career path. The following lists all academic requirements for a music minor.
- MusA 114 Individual Instruction (4 cr)
- MusA 145-146 Piano Class (2 cr)
- MusC 139-140 Aural Skills I-II (4 cr)
- MusC 141-142 Theory of Music I-II (4 cr)
- MusH 101 Survey of Music or MusH 111 Introduction to Music Literature (3 cr)
- Select two courses from: MusH 321, 322, 323 Music in Western Civilization or MusH 330 History of Music Theatre (6 cr)
- MusX 140 Convocation (2 semesters) (0 cr)
- Music electives (4 cr)
Note: Ensemble participation is recommended to meet the music electives requirement.