Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action
Employment Equity and Compliance supports the university's compliance with federal and state laws regarding discrimination and harassment, affirmative action, and equal employment opportunity.
Employment Equity and Compliance works with U of I administrators, search committees, external partners, by:
- Promoting a learning and working environment free from discrimination and harassment.
- Explaining and clarifying university policies and procedures, and federal and state laws and regulations regarding equal employment opportunity and affirmative action.
- Supporting diversity in recruitment and hiring by assisting administrative and academic departments in meeting these goals and adhering to Affirmative Action guidelines.
- Compiling and analyzing information and data for the university’s Affirmative Action Plan, organizational analysis and strategic planning efforts.
- Advising campus constituents on areas of progress and areas that require ongoing attention with regard to affirmative action and equal employment opportunity.
Voluntary Employee Update of Disability and Veteran Status
As a federal contractor, U of I is required to invite employees to self-identify certain information, including disability and veteran status, and to report on the workforce as a whole. To meet these requirements, the university is conducting a voluntary survey of employees.