The Athena mentoring program is an initiative to promote the professional growth of women working at the University of Idaho. U of I faculty and staff who are Athena members are eligible to apply to be mentors and mentees. Athena recognizes the importance of the entire University of Idaho community in the promotion of women.
Athena membership is required for the program. Membership dues are only $20 for the year.
The Athena Mentorship Program runs on a calendar year schedule:
- Jan.: Orientation for mentors and mentees.
- Jan.-May and Sept.-Nov.:
- Monthly whole-group gatherings,
- Individual mentorship partner meetups, and
- Mentee group/mentor group coffee chats.
- Dec.: Celebration of program completion.
The Mentorship Program is not currently accepting applications.
- Cohort applications will be due early fall.
- Cohort acceptance letters will be sent late fall.
Erin Chapman, Clinical Associate Professor, Margaret Ritchie School of Family & Consumer Sciences
Kathryn Schiffelbein, Micron Director of Diversity, Inclusion & Outreach, College of Engineering
Vanessa Sielert, Director, Lionel Hampton School of Music