The Athena mentoring program is an initiative to promote the professional growth of women working at University of Idaho. U of I faculty and staff who are Athena members are eligible to apply to be mentors and mentees.
Athena membership is required for the program. Membership dues are only $20 for the year.
Watch the info session from Oct. 23 (skip to 9:09 for relevant content).
The Athena Mentorship Program is a one-semester commitment:
- Oct. 24: Applications open.
- Dec. 1: Applications close.
- Jan. 24 through Apr. 24: Mentorship program.
- Jan. 24 through Feb. 28: Six-week "intensive" with weekly meetings on Wednesdays from 3:30-5 p.m. (location to be determined).
- Jan. 24 through Apr. 24: One-on-one mentor/mentee meetings every other week.
- Apr. 24: Closing celebration from 3:30-5 p.m. (location to be determined).
The Mentorship Program application will be open Oct. 24 to Dec. 1.
20 participants will be selected (five staff pairings and five faculty pairings).
Erin Chapman, Clinical Associate Professor, Margaret Ritchie School of Family & Consumer Sciences
Laura Holyoke, Department Chair and Associate Professor, Leadership and Counseling
Lysa Salsbury, Director, Women's Center
Kathryn Schiffelbein, Micron Director of Diversity, Inclusion & Outreach, College of Engineering