ECHO Idaho’s COVID-19 series cuts through national headlines and provides a platform for Idaho’s clinicians to learn dependable information about the disease and how it may impact routine activities such as travel, school, and visiting with friends and family. Connect with top experts and frontline colleagues from across the state to hear advice that can be applied immediately. Each session provides participants with an update and interpretation of Idaho’s COVID-19 numbers, an opportunity to ask questions about diagnosis and treatment of coronavirus through a case review and help identifying helpful resources statewide.
Virtual sessions meet 1st and 3rd Tuesdays each month from noon to 1 p.m. Mountain time. Register for ongoing sessions to receive log-on information direct to your inbox.
The COVID-19 series equips Idaho’s healthcare workforce - including providers, clinicians, policymakers and administrators - with strategies to address the coronavirus pandemic.
Sessions are delineated between acute care/inpatient and ambulatory/outpatient care:
- First Tuesdays of the month.
- Specialist panel includes experts in infectious disease, critical care, pulmonary disease, public health and pharmaceuticals.
- Third Tuesdays of the month.
- Specialist panel includes experts in rural family medicine, nursing, psychology, public health and pharmaceuticals.
Participation in ECHO Idaho is free for clinicians and organizations.
Join on an ongoing basis and attend sessions as you are able. You’ll have the opportunity to claim CME up to 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ and receive a certificate by completing a survey for each live session attended.
- Please register here for the ongoing sessions
- Professional Development: Participants gain new skills and competencies for managing patients.
- Creating Community: Clinician teams can increase professional satisfaction and decrease isolation, thus creating a sense of community.
- Increased Patient Satisfaction: Patients can continue to work with their trusted clinician instead of traveling long distances to be seen by a specialist.
- Improved Quality of Care: Healthcare professionals who participate in ECHO increase their knowledge and self-efficacy.
- No-Cost CME: ECHO Idaho offers free continuing education credits. CE is available for participating in live sessions only, not for watching recorded sessions. To claim continuing education credit and provide feedback, please complete this COVID-19 Feedback Survey.
The University of Idaho, WWAMI Medical Education Program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Idaho, WWAMI Medical Education Program designates each live activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
PAs, NPs, RNs, CADC/ACADC/CPS, Social Workers, Counselors and Therapists and others: Learn how ECHO Idaho can help support your continuing education needs here.
ECHO Idaho is led by the University of Idaho and the WWAMI Medical Education Program.