A web-based health career exploration program
What is it?
North Idaho Area Health Education Center (AHEC) has partnered with VirtualJobShadow.com to provide students with FREE access to:
- More than 1,000 professionally created job shadowing and career advice videos
- Career and interest assessments
- Job and college search database
- Resume development tools
- …and more!
Who can apply?
- Any high school student in one of Idaho's ten northernmost counties
- Apply early! Spots are limited and will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis
- Priority given to students from underrepresented and/or disadvantaged backgrounds
What do I need to do?
- Click here to APPLY NOW
- North Idaho AHEC will email selected students a username and login instructions
- Watch career videos, complete interest assessments, etc...on your own schedule
- Earn a certificate of completion and be entered into a prize drawing*
*Students who complete the built-in assignments within 90 days of enrollment (receipt of username/log in information) will receive a certificate of completion from North Idaho AHEC and be entered into a drawing for one of several cool prizes!
This project is/was supported by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) under grant number U77HP03022, for the WWAMI Area Health Education (WWAMI AHEC) Program Office and its five regional Centers in the total amount of $679,700 for the 2019-2020 fiscal year (with a 1:1 total match of $679,700 from non-federally funded governmental sources). This information or content and conclusions are those of the author and should not be construed as the official position or policy of, nor should any endorsements be inferred by HRSA, HHS or the U.S. Government.