Traditional and Small-Scale Harvesting
Harvesting and processing forest products can be as simple as using a saw to hand-cut a single tree or as complex as using helicopters to salvage thousands of acres of fire-killed forest. Learn more about traditional harvesting and processing technologies as well as newer, small-scale technologies that may be more suitable for your forest.
- Forest Road Seeding
- Salvaging Beetle Killed Trees
- Salvaging Dead Timber
- Silvicultural Decisions II: Mechanized versus Conventional Logging
- Silvicultural Decisions X: Is There a Future for Growing and Processing Timber in the Inland Northwest?
- Variable Retention Logging?
- Weekend Warrior Logging - Are You Being Safe?