Self-determined projects are suggested for members ages 14-18. Self-determined is not a project, but a method for carrying out a project in a subject where projects do not exist.
Self-determined projects are exhibited at the county fair in the closest subject area.
- Members choose a subject for the project and set goals.
- Develop and carry out a plan to reach their goals.
- Evaluate progress and report on accomplishments.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- You Decide! Decision Making Guide for Self-Determined Projects (#91001)*
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
- Helping Them Decide! Leader’s Guide for Self-Determined Projects (#91002)*
*Available through your county extension office.