Do you have dreams of becoming a veterinarian? Maybe you want to understand more about your animals’ bodies and about how to keep them healthy. In this project you’ll learn first about the normal animal, basic animal anatomy, and the body’s different organ systems. Next you’ll examine health and disease topics and get an in-depth look at normal and abnormal conditions. Find out about careers in veterinary medicine and how to prepare for going to college to study animal health.
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- The Normal Animal, Unit 1*
- Animal Diseases, Unit 2*
- Animal Health and Its Relationship to Our World, Unit 3*
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
Optional Supporting Materials
- Veterinary Science Leader’s Guide*
- From Airedales to Zebras, Level 1*
- All Systems Go, Level 2*
- On the Cutting Edge, Level 3*
- Veterinary Science Helper's Guide*
*Available through your county extension office