Start with a “trunk of junk” (clothespins, paper clips, paper, cardboard, scraps of wood and assorted nuts and bolts). Add imagination and elbow grease. Stir. Have fun!
The three levels of Junk Drawer Robotics
introduce you to robotic arms, hands, and grippers; move on to power transfer and locomotion; and end by connecting mechanical and electronic elements.
- Junk Drawer Robotics |pdf |
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Junk Drawer Robotics: Youth Robotics Notebook*
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
Optional Supporting Materials
- Junk Drawer Robotics, Level 1: Give Robots a Hand*
- Junk Drawer Robotics, Level 2: Robots on the Move*
- Junk Drawer Robotics, Level 3: Mechatronics*
*Available through your county extension office.