Tens of thousands of kinds of insects live in Idaho, many unknown even to scientists. You could be the first to discover them! Start your own insect collection and add to it over time. Learn where to look for insects and how to identify them. Find out amazing facts about how insects eat; conduct experiments; and make works of art. Activities might include testing ant food preferences, conducting honey bee learning experiments, planning a butterfly garden, and more.
- Teaming With Insects, Level 1 | pdf |
- Teaming With Insects, Level 2 | pdf |
- Teaming With Insects, Level 3 | pdf |
- Special Directions for Collections | pdf |
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Team With Insects, Level 1*
- Teaming With Insects, Level 2*
- Teaming With Insects, Level 3*
- 4-H Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
- Entomology Group Facilitator’s Guide*
Optional Supporting Materials
- Preparing Insect Specimens for Exhibit! | pdf |
*Available through your county extension office