Can you say cheese to a mouse? Pocket Pets include small animals of many types.
In Pet Pals
, Level 1, learn to select a pet, identify its parts and how to handle it safely, provide the right kind of housing, feed it, and enjoy pet art. In Scurrying Ahead
, Level 2, you will improve your planning and decision making skills by feeding and caring for your pet, observing its behavior, exhibiting it, and creating a story. Scaling the Heights
, Level 3, takes you into pet genetics, reproduction, caring for newborns, starting a business, and learning about careers.
With the Pocket Pets Non-Animal
project you can benefit from many aspects of an animal project without actually owning the animal.
- Pocket Pets | pdf |
- Non-Animal Pocket Pets | pdf |
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
- Pet Pals, Level 1*
- Scurrying Ahead, Level 2*
- Scaling the Heights, Level 3*
- 4-H Animal Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Permanent Individual Animal Record for each project animal | pdf |
- 4-H Project Record Book for Non Animal projects | doc | pdf |
*Available through your county extension office