Learn how to feed and care for your project goat in this unique program. Care for one or more pack goats for at least 90 days before exhibiting. Select a goat suitable for use in harness or as a pack animal, keep records, and practice responsible animal ownership. Gain knowledge of sound breeding, feeding, and management practices. Develop integrity, sportsmanship, decision-making capabilities, and public speaking skills by participation in demonstrations, tours, and exhibits.
Pack Goat | pdf |
Some counties may have additional requirements. Contact your 4-H leader or county extension office
to learn more.
Optional Supporting Materials
- 4-H Animal Project Record Book | doc | pdf |
- 4-H Involvement Report | doc | pdf |
- Permanent Individual Animal Record | doc | pdf |
- Getting Your Goat, Book 1*
- Stepping Out, Book 2*
- Showing the Way, Level 3*
- Pack Goat Skills Checklist | pdf |
- Dairy Goat Helper’s Guide*
- Goat Resource Handbook—Ohio*
- Northwest Pack Goats & Supplies http://www.northwestpackgoats.com
*Available through your county extension office